Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum dedicated to the works and world of AJ Culpepper.

PortalHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet
Name: Belyy Prizrak
Race: Tien
Class: Shadow Guard / Assassin

Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* Empty
PostSubject: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 12:37 pm

My favorite character in "Zikhin" was Fenris. That fighter was astounding in more ways than one. However, the biggest question that left me hanging pertained to Zorastres - namely, what happened to him? Was he killed? Why didn't Amias seem all that worried when he disappeared? Does he know something we don't?

Anyone else wondering the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 7:16 pm

I want to know what becomes of Drakon and Uaine's baby girl, dang it!

By the way, sweetie, I edited your title a bit just because we are throwing spoilers around pretty recklessly.

In fact, you might want to add that to the forum rules, Mister Rules Enforcer-man Wink
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyWed Oct 03, 2012 11:13 am

I'm curious as to where she'll fit into the story. Culpepper's got to include her in Book Two!

Along with Zorastres, damn it!

By the way, thanks for catching the slip. I've amended the rules on that point, too.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyFri Oct 05, 2012 11:39 am

You're welcome, kid Wink

I'm wondering what sort of affect Uaine and their child is going to have on Drakon. The guy was a total monster (not as bad as Amias, I don't think but still...). I mean he could have killed his daughter, or just left her to die. But he saved her.
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am

Drakon saved her because of his Tien conditioning (she's female and therefore automatically valuable) and because she's supposedly going to be very powerful and could be useful to him.

Had she been born a boy and without the blessing of the stars as well as being a tsentr, I doubt he would have even bothered. Tien are manipulators by their very nature - chess masters extraordinaire.

I also doubt her existence will have much of an affect on him outside of hope that she'll destroy Amias. Wait a minute, can Drakon hope? Isn't hope technically an emotion?
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:38 pm

True, Drakon is heartless, even for a Tien. Maybe it's all the shadows in him. But then the shadows seem to show more emotive responses and capacity than the Tien themselves. Maybe it's the combination of the two?

That's a good question - is hope an emotion or not. That's too philisophical for me.
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:33 am

A thought occurred to me the other day - since this circumstance is unprecedented, is it possible that Drakon could change because of it? Is he even capable of change? If so, how? There are certain fundimental quirks to his persona that make him who he is. If he gets turned into an emotional sap, it would completely ruin everything he is and the entire storyline connected to him.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 am

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I agree. I don't like Drakon and I'm very glad I've never met anyone like him. Given the choice, I guess I prefer him over Amias, but still he's a monster, too. Having said that, you're right. He's an important piece of the storyline in his own way and that keeps him trapped as he is. Or so it seems. We won't know until we read Book Two! Razz
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 10:11 am

True. While I'm no big fan of Drakon, either, I hope he doesn't get changed. He can be killed off, just not changed.

Zorastres is the one I hope didn't get killed off, considering how he "left" near the end of Book One.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 am

I don't think he got killed. He was too sweet to get killed! Say it isn't so! He can't be dead! Besides, he has to fix the whole mess he started!

I think Gabaxida came back and saved him.
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Location : Depths of Hell...no really or you may know it as Arizona!

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 4:04 am

I absolutely agree about Drakon! I really don't think he is able to have a change of heart, it's just not in him. If anything he may desire to feel something more but it won't happen. And I may be stoned for this but I actually like his character he is the perfect love to hate him character! So, damned sinister a perfect villain! Amias is just pure evil! In fact I volunteer to kill him myself!

Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* Samurai

I can not wait to see what kind of trouble Zorastres gets into next time!
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:15 am

Dot wrote:
I don't think he got killed. He was too sweet to get killed! Say it isn't so! He can't be dead! Besides, he has to fix the whole mess he started!

I think Gabaxida came back and saved him.

Calm down, Dot. I didn't say he was dead, just that it was a possibility that I hope wasn't fact. And as to who might have saved him, name one other extremely long serpent in Zikhin geek

Alaryah Dalca wrote:
I absolutely agree about Drakon! I really don't think he is able to have a change of heart, it's just not in him. If anything he may desire to feel something more but it won't happen. And I may be stoned for this but I actually like his character he is the perfect love to hate him character! So, damned sinister a perfect villain! Amias is just pure evil! In fact I volunteer to kill him myself!

I can not wait to see what kind of trouble Zorastres gets into next time!

A vicious lady where I Amias is concerned, I'll make a note Wink I can't say much. In fact, I agree with you completely. Especially about Drakon. He's a very "hate-able" character.

An interesting thought just occurred to me though. What sort of influence might that have on the child he shares with Uaine? I mean, she's from both her parents and if you break it down that makes her half EarthFolk, one quarter Tien and one quarter pure shadow. (If you turn it into mathematics). She's bound to carry some of her father's traits as well as her mother's. I'm curious as to which ones will be predominant.
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:21 am

White Wraith wrote:

A vicious lady where I Amias is concerned, I'll make a note Wink I can't say much. In fact, I agree with you completely. Especially about Drakon. He's a very "hate-able" character.

An interesting thought just occurred to me though. What sort of influence might that have on the child he shares with Uaine? I mean, she's from both her parents and if you break it down that makes her half EarthFolk, one quarter Tien and one quarter pure shadow. (If you turn it into mathematics). She's bound to carry some of her father's traits as well as her mother's. I'm curious as to which ones will be predominant.

What would be fun is if she had her father's traits but they do not manifest until she is upset or sad! She would be kinda of like Firstarter where she would just explode into pure darkness! Now that would be epic!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 am

And a wee bit frightening. That could make her scarier than Drakon in a way! Shocked
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 10:15 am

I agree with, Dot. But you have a brilliant idea there, Alaryah. I wonder if she'll turn out that way.

Honestly, I'm curious as to how the whole Maaka thing is going to pan out. Can you imagine him hunting this infant down? Somehow he doesn't strike me as subtle much. Even if he serves a Tien shadowmancer.
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 5:10 am

Don't know but I can not wait to find out!

What I'm wondering is will she age as a normal child would?
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptySun Oct 21, 2012 9:49 am

If memory serves, she was growing rapidly both in her mother's womb and after her birth so I'm guessing it would either continue or stop completely.
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 4:10 am

White Wraith wrote:
If memory serves, she was growing rapidly both in her mother's womb and after her birth so I'm guessing it would either continue or stop completely.

Very true. But I'm wondering now that she is out of her "magical" womb she will continue to grow, but maybe not as fast? I can't imagine the next book comes and she's 35? But you never know, that's the awesomeness of fiction! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dot
Grand Master
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am

If she's 35, married and has six kids, I'm going to be worried Suspect
Back to top Go down
White Wraith
Grand Master
White Wraith

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:03 am

Me too. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Lol...I concur!
Back to top Go down
Bandit King
Freelance

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 12:05 am

Hurricane Sandy is blowing outside my office window- I think I will pick up Zikhin again and settle down for a nice long read...reading these posts have put me in the mood!
Back to top Go down
Alaryah Dalca
Grand Master
Alaryah Dalca

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 4:00 am

Bandit King wrote:
Hurricane Sandy is blowing outside my office window- I think I will pick up Zikhin again and settle down for a nice long read...reading these posts have put me in the mood!

Hope you made it through the storm safe and sound. At least you were able to settle in with a good book. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*   Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin"  *SPOILERS* Empty

Back to top Go down

Questions left unanswered at the end of "Zikhin" *SPOILERS*
Page 1 of 1